A few things about me you should know…
This is me.
These are my babies… I have one more, but he’s camera shy.
In 2007 my friend Julie and I started a clothing business, The Fainting Goat Boutique. After a good year or so, she had to back out when she became the mother of two adorable twin girls, Audreyand Vivi. Along with daddy Nathan, they are my second family now. (My first being my actual family.) If you stick around, you’ll probably hear more about them all. After a hiatus for grad school, I started the business back up a few months ago. I love this project and I’m excited about the places that I can take it over the next few years.
Some random facts about me that you don’t need to know, but that you may find intersting…
1. I am a celiac, meaning I can’t eat gluten (wheat, barley, rye, etc.). I was lucky enough to not have a problem with it until I was 25, so I plenty of years to get my feel of Krispy Kremes and Twinkies. I’ve been clean for about 6 years now, and I can honestly say I don’t miss it one bit. (Not feeling like I’m dying helps with that.) In addition to that, I’m also a sometimes vegan. Right now is one fo those times. Although I do make occasional allowances for cheese when eating out, because good luck finding no meat, no dairy, no gluten meals at most non-hippie restaurants. I love, love, love food and I am a wonderful cook, so I plan to start sharing recipes and food stuff on here as time goes on.
2. I was a blond for the first 20 years of my life, but I’ve been a redhead for the past 10. When I see old pictures of myself, I seriously do not even recognize me. Sometimes I think of Blond EB as a sister that I’ve lost touch with. I die my hair all the time, so don’t be surprised if my hair color changes pretty frequently. At this point, it changes from day to day all on its own.
3. I want to move and try out a new city for a while. More about that later.
4. I turned 30 back in September. I celebrated with three parties, one being a 3 day girls trip to Savannah. I only feel old when I am surfing fashion blogs and realize that I am old enough to be some of the girls mothers. Yikes.
5. I love to write.
6. I got my first tattoo last year. I love it, and already have plans for at least three more. I also have a nose ring, and have seriously considered getting my lip pierced for a week or two now. Prior to that, I hated them though, so I may hold off a bit on that idea for now.
7. I have great ideas and possess incredible problem solving skills, yet I also seriously lack motivation most days. That, and I am also painfully indecisive. Just ask anyone who’s ever gone out to eat with me.
8. I have a sewing room with 4 sewing machines and shelves full of vintage fabric… but I don’t sew.
9. I love my church. It is one of the few reasons I would hate to leave Atlanta.
10. In my dream life, I live on a farm, with a lake, and fields where I grow my own food. I have chickens and cows and goats and pigs (and a husband to take care of the fields and animals while I sit by the lake and write).