(Maybe I should rename this feature Song of the Week…)
These guys are seriously amazing. Quite possibly the best concert I saw in all of 2009. If they are playing anywhere near you, it is definitely worth the money and effort to go check them out!
1. Beats Antique…
2. Bikram Yoga… I took my first class this week, and I’m hooked! One and half hours of yoga in a room heated to 105 degrees (with 40% humidity!). Sounds like hell, but leaves you feeling soooooo good!
3. Gypsy skirt dancing My first “choreography” class… I love it!! This isn’t the routine, but you get the general idea:
4. Bangs! Finally got my bangs trimmed, a long overdue necessity. I love finally having a hairdresser that I look forward to seeing!
5. Hummus… I forgot how much I love this stuff! I’ve eaten hummus and raw bell peppers for lunch everyday this week. Yum!
6. Hiking… Is there anyone that lives in the north west metro atlanta area (in all its sprawling grandeur) that doesn’t love Kennesaw Mountain? The beautiful spring like weather on Monday combined nicely with my having a day of work, which leads to my next item…
7. Long weekends! With holidays and ice storms, I haven’t worked a five-day work week in over a month now. Who doesn’t love that!
8. The new Babycakes cookbook… One of my goals this year is to pick a different cookbook each month and cook as many recipes out of it as I can. I bought this one a few weeks ago (right before starting my New Year, New Start fast) and have been dying to try it out! I made my first recipe this week, chocolate chip bread, and it was great! Gluten free, sugar free, vegan goodness. (I shopped at the actual Babycakes bakery in New York ago– definitely worth the 15 blocks or so we walked to get there!)
OK, so I confess, this list was supposed to be 10 things that made me smile this week, but I’m running late for tonight’s dance class, so I’ll leave the last two slots open for you. What has made you smile this week?
You know what they say about the best intentions, right? I keep telling myself that I will get the store open THIS week, and then this week turns into next week, and then before I know it two months have passed… Soon though, I promise. I’ve begun selecting the inventory for our first “collection”. I’ll post a sneak peek as soon as I figure out how (still trying to get the hang of this whole blog thing).
I was reading one of my favorite blogs today and got inspired to start making lists. I have sooo many ideas stuck in my head and I just never slow down enough to get them all out, which is the first step to making them happen! I even have a tiny notebook in my purse that I bought about a month ago for just this purpose, yet I haven’t even opened it yet! Time to get started sharing some of the things that make me smile with you guys! Over the past few weeks I’ve discovered so many artists (from many genres) that I want to share with all my friends out there (which is the whole point of this blog). Time to get to work!
After a year off, I had forgotten how much work running a business was! My plans to have the online store back up and running in early January are not so much going to happen, but I haven’t given up yet! Let’s just say it is quite difficult to operated a home based internet business when you don’t have internet at home.
I realize you may be reading this and wondering who “I” am. This is Elizabeth, now the sole laborer here at The Fainting Goat. Hopefully we will have guests contributors on here from time to time, but for the most part it’ll be me doing the posting here on the blog. If you are wondering where Julie’s at, no fear, she’s still close, just no longer an “official” part of the business.
OK, time to get back to work!